Anglers interested in bass fishing have popularized the use of Senko fishing. This fishing technique is gaining popularity since the baits are easy to use and they are easily accessible. You do not have to go looking for worms and flies anymore. Senko fishing will save you a lot of time and energy, and the best part is that there are Senko rods that go hand in hand with these baits ensuring your success when fishing. It would be best to be extra careful when picking a rod for Senko fishing; otherwise, you will be disappointed with the wrong rod. Here is a list of the top 6 Senko rods.
Here are the list of Top 6 Rods for Senko Fishing :
|Dobyns Rods Champion XP Series||Check Current Price|
|Shimano Expride Casting Freshwater Fishing Rod||Check Current Price|
|Dobyns Rods Fury Series Spinning Fishing Rod||Check Current Price|
Best Budget Friendly
|Cadence Spinning Rod||Check Current Price|
|ST. CROIX Rods Mojo Casting Rod||Check Current Price|
|Phoenix Feather Freshwater Baitcasting Fishing Rod||Check Current Price|
1. Dobyns Rods Champion XP Series
This rod is built for Senko, jigs, Texas Rigs, and Shaky heads. They are built of the highest quality materials, including a Fuji reel seat, a Modulus graphite blank, Kevlar wrapping, and a Portugal cork grip.
This rod is perfect for anglers looking for balanced and high-performing rods. Additionally, this rod offers maximum sensitivity allowing you to feel every bite and movement.
The split cork handle ensures all-day comfort and a non-slip grip. The fuji reel and Modulus graphite blank ensure the durability and high performance of this rod. This rod also lets you enjoy a balanced and quality rod at an affordable price.
- This rod is affordable and perfect for anyone with a low budget
- The rod is lightweight and ensures you enjoy long hours of fishing without getting fatigued
- It offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Under too much pressure, these rods can break.
2. Shimano Expride Casting Freshwater Fishing Rod
This fishing rod has been tested by touring pros and tackle junkies for two seasons across the United States. It features a high-power X construction that uses diagonally wrapped carbon tape to form various X shapes on the rod’s blank outermost layer. The width of the tape and its winding angle is tuned, making Senko fishing easy. This Shimano rod also features a C14 reel seat that is reinforced with carbon fiber. Carbon fiber makes it light and strong. The reel seat helps improve sensitivity and reduce the weight of this rod.
The rod also boasts Fuji K-frame Sic guides that help prevent the line from sticking in guides. Its EVA handle material also ensures all-day comfort and maintains a strong grip.
- This rod is extremely lightweight, giving you all-day fishing comfort.
- The Hi-power X construction ensures superior performance
- This rod improves your casting distance.
- The rod is a pricy.
3. Dobyns Rods Fury Series Spinning Fishing Rod
The Dobyns rods are created and designed by Bass fishing legend Gary Dobyns. These rods are built for superior performance, and this series is no exception. This rod is made of high-quality materials like the Modulus graphite blank, Fuji reel seat, Kevlar wrapping, and Portugal cork grip. This rod is made for Senko, Dart heads, Dropshots, shaky heads, and Gitzits. This balanced rod offers maximum sensitivity from line to hand. You will feel every bite and movement, thereby delivering unparalleled accuracy.
This Senko fishing rod comes with a split cork handle that allows you to cast all day tirelessly. In addition, the Fuji reel seat and modulus graphite stainless steel ensure these fishing rods’ durability and exceptional performance.
- These rods are lightweight, so you can fish all day without getting exhausted.
- The rod lets you feel even the tiniest bites ensuring accuracy.
- These Senko fishing rods have a right and left-hand orientation.
- The rod feels a little stiff before you are used.
4. Cadence Spinning Rod
This spinning rod is perfect for game fish and especially for species like bass and walleye. It is available in multiple lengths giving every angler a choice of what suits them best. This rod comes with stainless steel guides with Sic inserts that helps avoid the line from sticking in guides. The guides also help minimize friction, thereby enhancing sensitivity since vibrations are transferred from the guide to the rod. The rod also has 30 TON carbon and whole-body strength with high power-X making it strong and powerful for fish-like bass.
The Fuji reel seat offers a firm, comfortable handhold so you can easily handle different fish species like bass. The rod is also travel-friendly due to the 2-piece design that lets it fit in the car trunk and boat hutch.
- The rod is extremely lightweight, enabling you to go fishing all day.
- The 2piece feature makes it easy to store and travel with it.
- This rod is also highly sensitive.
- The rod is a little expensive
5. ST. CROIX Rods Mojo Casting Rod
This rod provides a performance option to all anglers as the rod offers every application and technique. This rod provides ultra-light, light, medium-light heavy, and extra heavy rod action. This rod comes with a premium SCIII carbon construction combined with the fortified resin system providing unparalleled strength and durability for Senko fishing.
The rod boasts a split-grip premium-grade handle that ensures your comfort and lets you maintain a firm grip. Also, this rod contains Kigan master hand 3D guides with slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings and a blank frame that are corrosion resistant and ensures superior performance.
- These rods come with a five-year warranty.
- The sensitivity of this rod is perfect for Senko fishing
- This rod is constructed with high-quality materials.
- This rod feels a little stiff when fighting fish
6. Phoenix Feather Freshwater Baitcasting Fishing Rod
For Senko fishing, you need a superior and quality rod like the Phenix Feather Fishing rod. This rod is designed using a 36 and 40-ton carbon fiber cross-weave with Phenix rods proprietary nanolite resins. The rod has a visual taper that puts the balance of the new feather in the palm of your hand. This feature allows you to have an easy time Senko fishing.
This series features the premium Carbide guides that come with the Frameloc technology. It also comes with carbon fiber reel seats that help improve the sensitivity of this rod. In addition, the EVA grip handles enhance a strong grip and ensures all-day comfort.
- This fishing rod ensures maximum sensitivity so you can feel any movement.
- The EVA handle ensures maximum comfort and a strong grip
- The rod is lightweight and easy to flick.
- The rod could break under pressure.
What makes a Good Senko Rod?
A good Senko rod should work excellently in shallow waters and deep waters. Always ensure that the rod also outperforms in thick weeds so that you can go Senko fishing in different water bodies.
Comfort is one of the qualities that anglers seek. A good Senko rod should have been comfortable and have a strong grip. Handle. The handle should be ergonomic with a strong grip so that the angler can fish for long hours and maintain the grip even when it’s wet.
While Senko fishing, you need to have a sensitive rod. A rod that lets you feel every little bite and movement will ensure the success of your fishing.
While getting a Senko rod should ensure you can maintain long and precise casts. A rod ranging from 5’ to 7’ will work perfectly.
What type of Rod is preferable for Senko Fishing (spinning, baitcasting, or fly rods)
Different people have different preferences on the type of rods they choose for Senko fishing. A spinning rod is ideal when you are Senko fishing in clear waters or when you have to go down to a 6lb line.
Baitcasters are more accurate and are quicker to get another cast out. They are also more comfortable compared to other types of rods. First, however, you need a setup for it.
On the other hand, fly rods can also be used for Senko fishing, although they are not very popular. In addition, fly rods will ensure longer casts.
I prefer baitcasters for Senko fishing. However, I believe this is a decision that is relative between different people. Some people prefer spinning reels, while others prefer baitcasters. It all narrows down to what works best for you.
What to Look for while Buying best Rods for Senko Fishing
While buying Senko fishing rods, the material is an important aspect. Firstly, the material enhances the durability and weight of the Senko rods. A material like graphite is lightweight and offers reasonable strength for Senko fishing. Other materials include fiberglass and composite materials. Fiberglass material is strong and durable but a little expensive.
Price is an essential consideration when buying any product. With the many manufacturers, you will find quality and affordable Senko fishing rods. So go for Senko rods that are reasonably priced.
The quality of your Senko rod will ensure its durability and performance. Go for brands that are known for producing quality rods so you can be sure of the quality of the rods.
When buying a Senko rod, you need to consider its comfort. The comfort will be determined by its weight and handle. Get a lightweight rod with an ergonomic handle. This will ensure all-day comfort even when Senko fishing for long hours.
Care and Maintenance of Senko Rods
To ensure that your rod lasts for long, you need to care for and maintain the rod. The tips below will ensure proper care and maintenance of your rod.
- Be gentle with your rod When Senko fishing, ensure you are gentle with the rod despite the forces placed on the rods.
- Avoid banging the Senko rod on your boat or rocks since it may result in breakages.
- Store the Senko rods vertically and in a dry place. If there are rod cases, use them to store the Senko rod.
- Clean the Senko rod after fishing. Especially if you were fishing in salt waters, ensure you clean your Senko rods and wait for them to dry before storing them. Also, clean the guides thoroughly and wait for them to dry.
- Rub the Senko rod’s joints with candle wax or paraffin to prevent friction.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What action rod is best for senkos?
For Senko fishing, the medium-fast action rod is excellent. However, some people will prefer the light or heavy rod action. Depending on your expertise and preference, you can choose what works best for you.
2. What is the best spinning rod for weightless senkos?
For weightless Senko, you can choose a medium power rod. The ST.CROIX M Avid casting rod is an excellent medium power rod, and it works perfectly with weightless senkos.
3. What is the best spinning rod for skipping senkos?
Not all skipping rods can be used for skipping senkos. Therefore, it would be best to have a rod built for this task to achieve your goal. The G.Loomis GLX spinning rod is ideal for skipping senkos due to its make, design, and strength, making it the best rod for skipping senkos.
Are you tired of looking for baits and lures for fishing? Try Senko fishing; firstly, Senko is easy to use and readily available. All you need to do is get a good rod for Senko fishing. Without the right rod, you will end up with no fish at the day. Senko fishing will improve your angling and fishing skills and make you a pro within no time.