Offshore fishing is the most popular for anglers. It is very exciting and enjoyable. Offshore fishing means deep-sea fishing.
It is most challenging when you will focus on Bottom Fishing. Before offshore fishing, You must need the best offshore spinning rods. Here I present some of the important feature and other things about these rods
I hope it will be helpful for your offshore fishing trips.
What Do You Need for Offshore Fishing?
A perfect boat is the precondition to go on offshore fishing. Since you are going to the deep sea, you need a large sturdy boat that can handle heavy waves and rough conditions. Usually, the boat is 30 feet and up.
If you take a small boat, the larger chop of open water can toss and turn your vessel which may create uncomfortable experiences. Besides, small and weak boat sometimes can also be dangerous for you and other passengers
Rod and reel
Big and strong fish are difficult to catch. You need skills as well as sturdy and durable equipment. While choosing a rod and reel, you should be careful. To ensure safety and increase the chances of catching more fish, you need to ensure your rod and reel are made of top tire durable materials.
Lure and bait
Choosing the right bait and lure is very important. You need to have knowledge about the species and their perfect bait and lure If you’re fishing offshore on a charter boat, pick your right bait, hook it up through the nose or the belly and try to pass as far as you can.
Many anglers do not care much about the net as they care for rods and reels. If you do not have perfect nets, you may lose fish at the edge of the boat. This can make the frustrated fishing experience. This misfortune can be remedied with the right landing net. The design of the net should be easy to land fish for your preferred species.
The big part of offshore fishing is bringing in the catch for dinner. We need to keep our catch as fresh as possible. So choosing right buckets is import. Saltwater wont deteriorate the meat like freshwater, so you can safely rinse any extra scales and blood off the meat before freezing it for future meals
Other Important Tools: Binoculars, Tool kit, Scissors, Grippers, Pliers
5 Best Offshore spinning rods Reviews
1. Cadence Lux Spinning Rod
- Premium component
- 30-ton carbon blank
- Super smooth stainless steel
- Highly sensitive.
- Best conventional reel seats with stainless steel
- Multiple choice by providing different rod size and design
- Action: Fast
- Power: medium and medium light
- Handle Type: Full and Split grip
- Brand: Cadence
- High performance
- Ideal for game fish
- One year warranty
- Easy and comfortable EVA handle
- No cons found yets
2.Fiblink 1-Piece Conventional Boat Rod Saltwater Offshore
- It has improved performance-action and increased sensitivity.
- Stainless steel mixed with a ceramic guide and more smooth,
- It comes with Comfortable Handles
- A multi-purpose hook holder with an effective hook keeper.
- Durable EVA grips offer lightweight and all-day comfort
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat
- Power: Medium-heavy
- Line rating: 30-50Ibs
- Lure Rating: 2-5oz and 5 Guides
- Brand: Fiblink
- It is the best for saltwater fishing
- You can use it to catch the big game
- Best for conventional reel
- Easy to use
- This rod good for only conventional reel
3.Fiblink Saltwater 1-Piece Jigging Jig Spinning Rod
- 1.The rod designed specifically for vertical jigging
- 2.It comes with 1-piece graphite-glass fiber composite blank
- 3. incredible pulling power
- 4.Aluminum alloy reel seat
- 5.High density EVA handle and foregrips
- Power: 6’ Heavy
- Line weight: 80-120 Lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
- Lure weight:6-12oz
- Brand: Fiblink
- Rod weight: 28.7oz
- 6+1 Guides
- Multi-purpose hook keeper
- You can easily cast a heavy lure
- It designed with versatile enough for various techniques
- Helps to fast jigging
- It supported only spinning reel
4. Ecooda 2-Pieces Saltwater Offshore Casting/Spinning Rod
- Portable Carbon Fiber Saltwater Casting and spinning Fishing Rod
- EVA Foam Handle
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber
- Maximum Casting Performance and Sensitivity
- Though and Strong Solid Carbon Fiber Construction
- Lure weight: 6-16oz
- Max Drag: 35lb.
- Light Weight with Tremendous Overall Strength
- Brand: Ecooda
- Easy to carry
- High Quality Ceramic Guide Sets
- You can use it for any lake fishing
- best saltwater travel fishing rod
- Various colors are not available
5. Okuma Classic Pro GLT & Rods
- Best for salmon fishing
- The rod is Very comfortable
- Great action
- It comes with durable E-glass blank construction
- The rod frames are Stainless steel
- Great grips
- Good looking overall
- Nice design
- Smaller than others and work perfect
- The price is low but the quality is great
- Easy to cast with the smaller guides
- Grip is more comfortable
- Good for downriggers
- Easy to carry & control over the rod
- Not perfect for beginners
Beginners Tips For Offshore Fishing
- You need a depth fish finder
- Thow a free or flatline
- You need cut bait for bottom fishing
Bottom Line :
Choosing the right rod can be hectic if you do not know how to pick the right one. Different kinds of rods are designed for different purposes. Some are costly, while some are budget-friendly. If you are looking for a cost-saving yet durable spinning rod, have a look at our review of the best spinning rod under 50 dollars.
Finally, If you are fond of catching trouts, and searching for ultralight spinning gear, you take a look at our review on Top Ultralight Spinning rods for Trout
Catch some fish and have fun, Cheers!